140 days until America elects its next President, Republican John McCain leads Barack Obama by 12 points in the Bluegrass State, according to this SurveyUSA poll conducted exclusively for WHAS-TV Louisville, WLEX-TV Lexington, and WCPO-TV Cincinnati.
Today, it’s McCain 53%, Obama 41%.
- McCain leads by 16 points among men, by 8 among women.
- Obama leads by 13 points among voters 18-34; McCain leads among those 35+.
- 12% of Kentucky Republicans cross over to vote for Democrat Obama; 35% of Kentucky Democrats cross over to vote for Republican McCain.
- Among voters with household incomes under $50,000 a year, McCain leads by 4. Among voters with incomes greater than $50,000, McCain leads by 19.
- Among the 52% of likely voters who say the economy is the most important issue for the next President, McCain leads by 12.
- Obama leads by 12 in greater Louisville; McCain leads in the rest of the state.
Full results and crosstabs are here.