23% of American Voters Say Donald Trump’s Mental Health is Excellent; 30% Say The President’s Mental Health is Poor

SurveyUSA Breaking News - 19 days ago

 

A majority of Americans say President Donald Trump’s¬†physical¬†health is either excellent or good, according to SurveyUSA’s latest nationwide poll¬†on the new administration. Just 24% say Mr. Trump’s physical health is fair or poor.

But voters have greater concern about President Trump’s¬†mental¬†health.

*¬†23% say President Trump’s mental health is excellent.
*¬†26% say President Trump’s mental health is good.
*¬†13% say President Trump’s mental health is just fair.
*¬†A plurality, 30%, say President Trump’s mental health is poor.

Beyond the expected partisan split on questions about the evocative President, SurveyUSA finds women and young persons are disproportionately worried about the President’s mental health, as are African Americans and Hispanic Americans.
Among those who voted for President Barack Obama twice, 53% describe President Trump’s mental health as poor.

Among those who voted for Hillary Clinton in the 11/08/16 Presidential election, 58% say President Trump’s mental health is poor.

Just 1% of those who voted for Mr. Trump in 2016 say the President’s mental health is poor.

Republicans see President Trump through a different lens. 50% say the President’s mental health is excellent, 38% say it is good (combined: 88%). Just 5% of Republicans say the President’s mental health is fair, 4% say the President’s mental health is poor (combined: 9%).

Among “very conservative” voters, 75% say Mr. Trump’s mental health is excellent or good, 21% say his mental health is fair or poor.

Independents and moderates are conflicted.

*¬†17% of independents say Mr. Trump’s mental health is excellent.
*¬†24% of independents say Mr. Trump’s mental health is good.
*¬†16% of independents say Mr. Trump’s mental health is just fair.
*¬†35% of independents say Mr. Trump’s mental health is poor.

*¬†15% of moderates say Mr. Trump’s mental health is excellent.
*¬†29% of moderates say Mr. Trump’s mental health is good.
*¬†16% of moderates say Mr. Trump’s mental health is just fair.
*¬†A plurality of moderates, 32%, say Mr. Trump’s mental health is poor.

SurveyUSA interviewed 1,400 adults nationwide 02/06/17 and 02/07/17. Of the adults, 1,207 were registered to vote and were asked the questions here. Research was conducted online. 31% of the voters interviewed for this survey are Republicans; an equal number, 31%, are Democrats; 36% are independents. Material statement from SurveyUSA here.

Copyright 2017 SurveyUSA®, Clifton NJ, all rights reserved. Terms & Conditions.